SYMPTOMS of Turbo Failure:
- Lack of power
- Blowing exhaust smoke
- Passing Lubricants
- Each turbocharger is completely dismantled and thoroughly cleaned for damage assessment
- A diagnosis is completed, and a report on condition is given to the customer
- New bearings and seals are replaced as a matter of course.
- All other components are checked and replaced as necessary
- All new parts are original equipment, specified by the manufacturer.
- Each rotor assembly is individually checked and balanced, and once the turbo is reassembled, the whole unit is VSR balanced (Vibration Sort Rig) to over 100,000 RPM.
- A final check is undertaken that all settings are to the manufacturer’s specification before the warranty is written and the turbocharger made ready for despatch.
- Your turbo unit MUST have regular oil changes.
- On engine start up wait several seconds before boosting the turbo.
- On shut down, let the engine run to idle speed before turning off the ignition.
- Don’t necessarily blame the turbo for bad performance – it could be a victim of some other malfunctioning engine part
Electronic Actuator Testing for Turbos
If your turbo has an electronic actuator, our experienced technicians will use the latest electronic actuator test machines to diagnose your turbo faults. Many newer turbos incorporate the electronic actuators to boost control, the electronic actuator test equipment is a precise tool that allows the technician to make adjustments in small increments to enhance the performance of your turbocharger.
Turbo Balancing and Calibration
As a critical part of the process, Universal Turbos ensure that turbo components are correctly balanced, this is a critical part of the process completed before final assembly. Precisely balanced components including the turbine and compressor can prevent problems occurring such as oil leakage. At Universal Turbos, our experienced technicians use VSR (vibration sort rig) to balance the core turbo components as this is an industry proven method to achieving the best results required.